Friday, December 14, 2007

Harrison plans top play in 2008

peculation has been rife that Harrison, one of several veterans on the Patriots' defence, would retire this off-season following the team's stunning loss to the New York Giants in Super Bowl XLII.ut Harrison, 35, is leaning towards returning for the final season of his current contract, according to a Monday report in the Boston Herald.Right now, at this point, I feel like I'm going to honour the last year of my contract," the four-time All-Pro safety told the Herald."Everyone's asking me about retirement. I don't know what to say about it. I haven't said anything publicly about wanting to retire or anything like that."I'm very hungry to get back to working out and be a part of this team, and try to win another championship."It might have been a different story had the Patriots completed an unbeaten 19-0 season.But the 17-14 loss to the Giants evidently left Harrison with unfinished business."It's not a good feeling," he said. "So I'm going to take some time off to let my body rest, then I'll be back in the gym in two or three weeks. I'll be back, rejuvenated and ready to go."Harrison will be heading in to his 15th season in 2008. He had 68 tackles, two sacks, and one interception in 2007.

No comments: